February 12th, 2013
1. Remember not to count on other ppl for your happiness especially this Valentine’s Day. I have always loved this holiday even when I was single. It isn’t just a day for couples. It’s a holiday to celebrate love and that can be with your family and other single friends as well and even with your friends who are in relationships. A girls only valentines date is sometimes the best. That’s how I will be celebrating this year since my fine guy is many hours away. This is a great quote. You make the decision to be happy. Don’t put that on other ppl.
2. Pull out those heart sunglasses you purchased a few summers ago and sport them in support of the day that celebrates love. If you hurry you can rush order a dozen here for your girls group to share the love.
3. I had some of these Jam Filled Heart Cookies for Thanksgiving (which were gluten free) and they were pretty good but I have not attempted to make them yet. Here is a recipe if you would like to whip some up for Thursday.
4. It’s little things that change when you move to a new place…little things that wasn’t a big deal in your city before. For instance, umbrellas!! They are a big deal here. If you dont have one you will for sure get soaked and if you dont have a sturdy one not only will you look like a wet puppy when you get to work but you may also have to explain where you got that scratch on your forehead (which would be from one of the wires on your flimsy umbrella that blew up in the storm). Anyways, since you need an umbrella you should look into one that spreads cheer like this lovely red heart. It’s all about the love..and this one has frills too if you’re into that. I also didn’t know of the importance of an umbrella on a snowy day until I moved. Traveling enlightens us!
5. This card is super cute with the lyrics of one of my morning songs. If you don’t have enough time to rush ship this guy and ther person you are planning to give it to isn’t much up for late present exchange, think of making a card with some of your favorite song lyrics or better yet some of the gift receivers favorite lyrics.
6. I may be visiting Anthropologie after work for these gems. Bring shiny earrings have a hold on me!
7. You need these for your girls night. They should be at your local party store also.
8. Try this vegan recipe or just a regular sugar cookie recipe if you haven’t watched food docs that have made you meatless and dairyless. Then while your picking up those pretty straws at the party store grab a few cookie cutters and make a festive bag for your girls night!! Or you can try this chocolate peanut butter recipe.
9. For all you married folk…
10. I’m not sure how I feel about these. I think I would sport them a few times bf I rule that they are utterly ridiculous but it would be fun until then!
Hope your Valentines Day is lovely no matter how you celebrate it… with your husband, single friends, brother, or parents! Share the love and sport some hearts!
Dreaming of a vegan red velvet heart pancake,